Travesía – Pyrénées Circus, a France-Spain Interreg programme
Occitanie en Scène has launched a new cross-border cooperation project: Travesía – Pyrénées Circus, a France-Spain Interreg programme for the promotion of creation and dissemination of contemporary circus art in Pyrenean cross-border regions (June 2020 to May 2022).
Occitanie en Scène has coordinated the project’s networked programming, entitled Circus routes, while heading and running the cooperation fund. The association is also involved in the organisation of seminars and in cross-border circus project sector impact study.
Eight French and Spanish partners will contribute to the project via partnerships, dissemination, creation and research aid:
– promote job creation for circus artists,
– transform means of professional and artistic support,
– experiment with new practices,
– promote inter-professional dialogue,
– improve the link between creation and dissemination.
In this way, they seek to respond to the needs of artists by making resources available for performance creation and dissemination, while involving the entire profession (creation space, artistic teams, production and dissemination outfits, programming organisations) in a mutual learning through experimentation approach: the aim here is to develop models of action for enhanced cooperation and solidarity.
The project promotes innovative solutions:
– a creative marathon (hackathon) to design artist support pathways and stimulate inter-professional dialogue,
– supportive partnering between companies and accompanying structures
– a mutual aid fund for research and creation,
– a dissemination network to accompany artists during their first steps, while raising awareness on programming structures available.
– A programme of action aimed at the sector and artists in the Covid context, is currently being designed and will be unveiled at the end of July.
Travesía – Pyrénées Circus is co-funded by the European Union for 65% (ERDF), within the framework of Interreg V-A Spain-France-Andorra Programme (POCTEFA 2014-2020), as well as by Drac Occitanie, Occitanie / Pyrénées-Médierranée Region, the Generalitat de Catalunya, the Departmental Council of Haute-Garonne, Toulouse Métropole, the City of Toulouse, the City of Ax-les-Thermes, the City of Balma and the City of Barcelona.
Partager la publication "Travesía – Pyrénées Circus, a France-Spain Interreg programme"